Monday, May 11, 2009

Predator, Total Recall, Conan The Barbarian triple feature

A friend of mine has been setting up monthly 35mm movie nights at The Palace Theatre. Each night has a theme. There is a bar open for those that drink and the film series is known as the Brew & View film series. It's been pretty damn successful so far! And after the cost of renting the 35mm film prints is covered the Palace gets half the money and the other half is donated to the Golisano Childrens Hospital. Great movies, great cause! Mike Tommyrot and I have been doing artwork for posters and I've been screen printing them. I did the art for this one. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's five colors one of which is a really cool metallic silver, on olive green paper. I did almost all the artwork on my Wacom tablet and scanned in some hand drawn pencil texturing as well. This is the first time I've used the Wacom to almost entirely create something.











No comments: